5 min, 942 words
Alexander Hagerman email@example.com
I am a software engineer with a decade of experience across various stacks, domains and engineering practices. I enjoy working in environments that require continuous learning and collaboration to solve new and challenging problems.
02/2021 - Current | RENCI
- Working to develop the helxplatform to support NIH HEAL research.
Lead Software Engineer
06/2020 - 02/20201 | Samtec
- Lead/manage the development of new asset management system to synchronize asset data and streamline existing assets.
- Created an improved asset maintenance system to support global operations.
- Collaborate with engineers and internal stakeholders to execute feature implementations and process improvement.
- Provide key insights for organizational planning on long-term data management and optimization.
- Showcase leadership by mentoring, coaching, and training engineers in new practices/tools/technology.
- Develop and oversee continuous integration and deployment infrastructure to increase overall productivity.
Senior Software Engineer
08/2019 - 06/2020; 07/2015 – 3/2019 | Humana
- Spearheaded the creation of a provider fax routing system by building out OCR as a service for patient record documents.
- Facilitated the implementation of middleware layer/rule management for company Sytrue initiatives.
- Setup, deployed, and managed first real time NLP services on Azure to strengthen job progression and computer capabilities.
- Collaborated on breast cancer research project by utilizing NLP to research stage information based on diagnosis markers.
- Increased Doctor Patient Note OCR post processing data throughput by migrating localized python services to pyspark.
- Monitored potential fraud rule detection by processing provider documentation a set of NLP rules.
- Built/managed a library of queries and reports to assist fraud investigators.
- Assisted NLP development team in the transition to Agile methodologies through change management and team leadership skills.
- Foster continuous process improvement by implementing Azure identity service (MSAL/AAD) into C# and Python services.
- Develop prem to Azure Databricks deployment service, ADLS Generation 2 C# library, and CLI.
- Served as architect and senior developer of the Retail Data Science Research and Development platform.
- Introduced and streamlined multiple software development practices like version control, continuous integration/deployment, code review, and dependency management.
Senior Software Engineer
04/2019 - 08/2019 | Elastic
- Partnered with cross-functional teams to develop end-to-end testing framework for customer journey through GCP marketplace to Elastic.
- Provided value-added contributions in the migration of backend services from Python 2 to Python 3.7.
- Applied expansion efforts and process improvements in automated testing practices for Python 2 and 3 code bases.
- Built a tool that enabled data migration from Elasticsearch to Postgres.
- Formulated the billing integration service for Elastic stack and Google Cloud Platform Marketplace.
- Delivered troubleshooting and production incident response for billing services and clusters.
Senior Analytic Consultant | Analytic Consultant | Developer
01/2012 - 07/2015 | Aspect
- Built out Microsoft SSIS/SSAS analytics infrastructure to support customer service call center operations for PetSafe, Delta, and Jet Blue.
- Created enhanced web-based data visualizations to facilitate cross-functional application development teams on healthcare projects.
- Delivered on-site consulting and guidance to clients by evaluating call center analytic needs.
- Developed new productivity KPIs for call center clients via Microsoft BI stack to transform overall day-to-day operations and facilitate process improvement.
- Headed client training programs on business intelligence tools/concepts to assist in future BI projects and process improvement identification.
- Served as developer on SharePoint 2013 C# Applications, C# MVP Applications, and custom C# CLI applications to handle token management.
03/2012 - 11/2012 | All Safe Industries
- Built a product catalog ETL to consolidate product data into a single CMS.
- Analyzed historical sales trends to improve decision making for web store strategies.
01/2011 - 05/2011 | Owensboro Catholic Highschool
- Developed VB6 scripts for printer fleet management by scripting out the install/management for printers across all computer labs.
- Administered active directory group policy/deployment by developing policies and implementing across all school groups.
08/2011 | Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technologies | Western Kentucky University
License & Certification
- UT.6.10x: Embedded Systems - Shape the World: Microcontroller Input/Output (edX, November 2019)
- MCSD: Web Applications (Microsoft, June 2014)
- Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services (Microsoft, June 2014)
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications (Microsoft, February 2013)
- Data Analysis with Pandas: Intermediate Course (Dataquest.io)
- Data Visualization (Dataquest.io)
- Triplebyte Certified Generalist Software Engineer (Triplebyte)
Technical Skills & Competencies
Awards & Talks
- Python for Embedded Hardware (DerbyPy, Louisville, KY) - June 2019
- What is ODBC (DerbyPy, Louisville, KY) - March 2019
- Intro to PySpark (DerbyPy, Louisville, KY) - October 2018
- Python Modules and Packages (DerbyPy, Louisville, KY) - September 2018
- Column Oriented Data (DerbyPy, Louisville, KY) - June 2018
- Hackaday Connected World Contest Award - Connected Roomba
- 2018 Humana Star Award - Data Engineering
Volunteer & Open-Source Experience
- Code Louisville - taught a range of topics including Python, debugging, databases, and Django
- PyMSSQL - mentor contributors, updated CI and platform builds, release manager for 2.1.4
- Apache Arrow - setup.py and API documentation updates, Subpool implementation, and add has capabilities for scalar values in Python
- aioodbc - configuration tuning documentation
- Firefox Mobile - bug fix for incorrect axis locking
- Hardware Happy Hour Louisville